Progress Report: Week of June 23rd – June 29th

Paladiny

Paladiny

I only completely finished one this week, though I nearly finished a second and touched up a few others for a game.  My interest in painting had waned a bit this week, possibly because of the constant work I’ve been doing on these plastic figures for the past couple of months.  The paladin lady above was done in the colors of one of the D&D 4th Edition dieties, Bahamut, with his crest painted onto the shield in some minor freehand work.  Another pic below.

Paladiny

Paladiny

I hadn’t used this particular blue on any of the other plastic figures and wanted to use it at least once.  Since this was the last of the three office requests, it seemed the right time.

Scythe

Scythe

Scythe

Scythe

This model just needs some highlighting and touchups and it’ll be complete.  I also want to add some rust effects to both the chain and the scythe blade before it’s complete.  After this, I’ll only have ONE model left to paint.  Unfortunately I’ll be going out of town next week, so it might be another couple of weeks before I’m able to finish.

When preparing for an RPG night on Friday I got out some metal models for use as some of the characters.  They were some of the earlier ones that I painted, and I was not happy with how they looked.  I ended up spending a bit of time touching them up just to get some highlights and nice visual contrast, and it made me revel in how nice it was to work on actual metal figures and not cheap lumpy plastic.  While my interest in painting was waning at the beginning of the week, after working with metals I’m enthusiastic on going back to my former backlog of models waiting to be complete.  Time to take a break from this Reaper plastic nonsense and get back to quality figures again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *