It’s been a while since I posted here, but I’ve actually been painting a fair amount. As usual, my flickr account has all of the most recent images but I’ll go over a few of the figures here as well.
With Mr. Valachev above, I tried a technique called “object source lighting,” where it’s painted to show a strong light source somewhere on the sculpt itself. In this case it was the tip of the sword. It looks a bit better than the photograph shows, but I think it turned out ok.
I had a lot of Dungeons & Dragons characters to do for a return to a long-running campaign a few months ago. This gave me a big excuse to paint a whole bunch of new figures.
In other news, I finally decided I wouldn’t really be returning to the Warmachine game so I sold almost all of my Khador figures along with the carrying case. I didn’t directly pay for all of them due to picking some up secondhand and paying for some with commission money, but the retail value of everything was over $900. That’s a lot in figures, but it’s better than they’re gone.
After spending so much time painting red to get comfortable, I’ve started to move into painting white a lot. The paladin in the set of recent picture uploads was one of my first, and I also picked up a couple of models from the Retribution of Scyrah faction from Warmachine because their studio color scheme is white and they look good in it. I may not be posting every week but I’ll be making attempts to post more often at least.