I finished another three this week, making it rather productive. Two of them were quite detailed and involved a lot of fun detail, while one was very large. The above elf-wizard-swordlady was one of the ones that involved a lot of detail. I worked really hard on this one, as it was a make-up for failing to do another. The one originally requested by a co-worker was simply too mangled by the plastic molding process for me to be able to decipher where particular detail ended and new parts began, so I had to give up on it and request a new one. That second one ended up being more naked than the coworker could see from the large group shot, so she just told me to pick one that I’d like to paint. I found the above model, as I thought it fit with the previous selections. As always, more info in the full post.
I only finished two figures this week. Disappointing! I had some prep for the IKRPG I run every couple of Fridays, on Wednesday night I had someone over to teach the ways of miniature painting, and then I had the actual RPG event itself tonight. Still managed to finish a couple and start a couple more. The guy above uses a technique called “object source lighting,” where the intent is to make it appear that a single element of the figure is casting light on the rest. What I’ve finished here is a very, very crude version of what the technique can be used for, but it fits with my general speed painting efforts on the plastic miniatures. More pics within.
This update will include the last two weeks, since my odd new schedule made putting together something last Sunday impractical. I finished four new models in the last couple of weeks in my attempts to burn a path through the long list of requests from co-workers. I have reached a point at which I can finish one per night, which is good. They each take 4-6 hours each, so it makes sense that I could finish one in a night, but actually sitting and working for 4-6 straight hours on what amounts to speed painting a model is a new pursuit. More pics below.
This week was very very busy on the miniatures front. I took my huge Reaper Bones set and decided to both get some random picks and find new homes for a handful of the mess: I notified everyone at the company I work at that I had a big mess of miniatures and that they were each allowed to pick one for me to paint and give them for free. I thought a few people might ask for something, but I got about 20 requests. So…I’m gonna be busy. On the plus side, it super-motivated me to work on miniatures this week, so I got a lot done. More inside…
I finished the first of my Bones models. Only 200+ left to go… At least I’ll get a lot of practice in on lots of random stuff. I have some more pics of Mr. Orc, along with a few better pics of my finished light warjack and trollkin hero models.